Programmer / Project Manager
Reports to: General Mgr. | Dept: Operations | FLSA Status: Exempt
Manages the control system design and manufacturing process from design document creation to post-installation customer support, in coordination with the Quality Control & Technical Support Manager. Primary duties involve software programming and development. Participates in systems production management and application programming.
“Logix gives you the ability to drill down to individual evaporators, compressors and other equipment. You can zero in right on any problem and fix it.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and program software control systems to meet customer needs and oversee control system production.
- Manage project development and engineering tasks for projects in conjunction with the Quality Control & Technical Support Manager.
- Implement product design within the schedule and budget parameters.
- Identify any problems with the implementation and/or available resources that may affect the schedule or budget, and communicate such problems to colleagues and customers accordingly.
- Create related design documents and program software.
- Manage customer relations and provide technical support.
- Participate in weekly engineering/production meetings.
- Provide engineering support for peers and in-office EMS Technician Training and Certification.
- Conduct customer training and onsite commissioning as needed.
- Provide post-installation customer support as needed.
- Develop new software tools for EMS projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, education, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or two years’ related experience and/or training with control systems and industrial refrigeration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with software development.
Technical Skills and Experience: Software development skills are required, including:
- Proficiency with and advanced knowledge of software programming languages
- Operating system
- Familiarity with development and debugging tools
Certificates and Licenses: No certificates or licenses are required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and comprehend general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedural documents, and governmental regulation documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other professional groups.
Math Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and work with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- The work is typically performed in an office environment, with moderate noise.
- Occasionial travel within North America to client sites may be required for onsite commissioning and technical support. At the client worksite, work is performed in an industrial setting in which you may be exposed to, or work near, mechanical equipment.
- To perform this job, you will regularly be required to be in front of a computer, using a keyboard, for long periods of time.
- You will be required to talk, hear, and see.
- You must be able to lift at least 75 pounds on occasion, and push and pull up to 150 pounds on occasion.
- While at a client site, you will frequently be required to use your arms and hands to reach and feel, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. You may be occasionally be required to climb or balance.
- Position requires occasional work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet deadlines.