Reports to: General Mgr. | Dept: Operations | FLSA Status: Exempt
Manage post-prototype product life cycle by: refining product design through market research; creating and deploying marketing and branding strategies; measuring and reporting product acceptance and profitability; developing product documentation; providing ongoing technical support.
“Logix refrigeration control systems are the best control systems on the market, with undoubtably the best technical support of any system! We were most impressed with the Logix system’s user interface and the engineers’ willingness to make it fit our application.”
Arkansas Refrigerated Services, Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Refine product design, features and documentation through field trials and ongoing end-user feedback. Work with project technology team to:
- Establish development timeline and coordinate with various resources effectively.
- Provide short- and long-term product sales, forecasts, and special reports.
- Communicate quality control issues to the production team.
- Provide primary technical support, remotely or on site, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Marketing Duties and Responsibilities
Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activites to promote company/ product brand in the marketplace.
- Research marketplace to determine requirements for existing and future products
- Analysis of customer research, current market condition and competitor information
- Develop marketing budget with well-defined goals and appropriate timelines
- Develop and execute digital marketing efforts including email, web and social media
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
- Deliver marketing activity within agreed upon budget
- Report on return on investment and key permormance metrics
- Develop pricing strategy
- Create marketing presentations
- Liaise with media and advertising
- Collaborate with the sales function
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, education, skill, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred. At least two years’ experience in product development and/or marketing. Involvement in products intended for industrial applications a definite plus.
- business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies
- technical marketing skills
- proven experience in customer and market research
- experience with relevant software applications
Computer Skills and Experience: Familiarity with MS Office Suite.
Certificates and Licenses: Must have a valid driver’s license. No certificates are required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and comprehend general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulation documents. Ability to present information effectively to customer groups, or employees of an organization.
Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to interpret graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical data, and to work with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands, work environment, and activities of the position are described below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- The work is typically performed in an office environment, with moderate noise.
- Occasionial travel within North America to client sites may be required. The client worksite may be in an industrial setting in which you may be exposed to, or work near mechanical equipment.
- To perform this job, you will be required to talk, hear, and see.
- Occasionally you may be required to be in front of a computer, using a keyboard, for long periods of time.
- You must be able to lift at least 50 pounds on occasion.
- Position requires occasional work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet deadlines.